The Other Text Link
If you have spent more than a few minutes studying search engine optimization and web traffic building then you know that text links are important — most especially one-way links from quality sites.
So many people interested in building traffic to their sites spend a lot of time, effort, and money building text links to their sites. They purchase links in link directories, buy links from brokers and site owners, and even swap links. Others try different methods like forum posting, blog commenting, and article writing.
But most of these people overlook one very easy and inexpensive way to achieve one-way, often permanent, text links from quality sites. What is this method of text linking? It is usually called Ezine Advertising!
That’s right, just like pork is the other white meat, ezine advertising is the other way to text link.
There are many advantages of ezine advertising when it comes to text link building:
1. You get the added bonus of email marketing benefits
2. Text link surrounded by relevant content, your ad copy, that you wrote specifically for that purpose
3. Limited outbound links competing with yours. Ezines only sell a few ads per issue (many only sell one or two) so your text link will be only one of a few.
4. When the issue is archived on the web (which is how you achieve your permanent text link) the page is usually text-heavy with the content that search engines love
5. The site where your permanent text link resides (the ezine archives) is regularly updated and in turn regularly visited by search engines
All these advantages roll into one additional bonus for you. The text links appear to have developed organically and naturally — not as so many traditional text links do — which makes them even more powerful and effective in terms of traffic building and search engine optimization.
And unlike so many text links which are purchased monthly or for a limited time, an ezine ad is purchased for a particular issue and will remain alive for the months or years that the issue is archived. If you aren’t sure how long an ezine archives then check their web site. Many ezines and newsletters archive for years.