There are several different methods that you can follow when finding products to sell online:
1. You can develop (or have others develop for you) the info products you are going to sell; or
2. You can purchase private label rights to products developed by others and modify them to sell as your own; or
3. You can locate info products in the public domain (more on this later) and package them for resale; or
4. You can locate info products already created by others and purchase resale or master resale; or
5. You can locate info products created by other people and sell them through affiliate programs.
Actually, my preferred method combines several of these models. But, let’s not get ahead of ourselves right now. When you are just starting out, one of your biggest obstacles will be to stay focused. For this reason, you will want to pick only one model and follow it as closely as possible, at least in the beginning. Later on, you can try your hand at mixing up the methods to really maximize your profits!
One way of making money online is by publishing your own info products. Now, the way in which you accomplish this can be through items 1, 2 or 3 above. But, you can drastically change the profitability of your own info product by adding in components from item 4 or 5 above.
To create your own product, you must first start with a topic. This should be the fun part of product creation. How do you choose a topic? That’s easy! First find a hungry group of buyers and then find a topic that either solves a problem they have or benefits them in some way.
Until you are certain that you have a HUNGRY group of buyers who HAVE MONEY and are interested in either solving a problem or who see a benefit in your product, don’t even consider moving forward with your info product.